Thursday, 27 February 2014

Your fingers dimming in the lights like you're used to being told that you're trouble.



Last night as I was falling to sleep:

I dreamt of straight roads through open plains
your car
the sun beating through my hair as it unravels behind me
The wind knows our names but disregards them as it screams past
hysterically
And us;
we are tunneling through light years of movement
etched our names in time and space
'we refuse to be contained.'
On Kerouac's path, from his foundations build a platform
so strong there are no dreams it couldn't support
the dust parts for us like the red sea as we skid swiftly through it
though we have no followers
we scream
Glory
Glory 
Glory
We are free 
we are free
we are so, so free.

But I wake up and the morning is still.



Log Lady from Twin Peaks (aka my future)

Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady


                        




11 comments:

  1. Lovely. And I adore that film/song/Alex xx

    ReplyDelete


  2. I still think the best is yet to come. I have to, otherwise there's just nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kerouac quote about the mad ones has always been one of my favourites.

    And I wake up to still mornings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd love to drive off without a destination in mind. i want to feel free.
    i should probably watch twin peaks. i think i'd like it. and being a log lady seems to be my future too. and i've been meaning to read on the road for years and years. i think i'd like that one too.

    "speak the truth even if your voice shakes"
    probably one of my favourite quotes

    the pictures you choose and the words you write, they're perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your old photo of Jack and Neal reminds me of a hobby I intend on feeding in the near future....
    I think it should be lovely to hunt and find old, nameless photos and give them new life.

    xx
    LuLu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerouac is so perfect. When I sometimes need to run away from it all, I melt myself into Kerouac.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving everything on this post....the words, the images, kerouac.... yes, feed us more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Pretty sure Jack is my spirit animal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. long drives with the windows down. i am never more myself than in those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "And us;
    we are tunneling through light years of movement
    etched our names in time and space
    'we refuse to be contained.'"

    Goodness. I think I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words.