Sunday, 1 December 2013

I don't want to risk our paths crossing some day; so you walk that way, I'll walk this way.




It's getting darker again, November has always been one of my favourite months-it's so unassuming-and now December's crept up on me again as only midwinter can. Not that it's a bad thing I suppose, I am more than happy to finally wish goodbye to 2013. Things are happening though; I won an internship at a well-known music magazine in Dublin. I'll spend two weeks there during the summer and probably feel a bit like Esther Greenwood from The Bell Jar, only hopefully not quite as suicidal. 

For now though I am just traipsing through the days, allowing each one to come and go like anxious breaths.
The coffee I'm swallowing is warm and bitter, as it should be:
 I thank the universe for everything, despite everything.



I recorded something musically indescribable: https://soundcloud.com/maija-sofia/dreamscape

6 comments:

  1. congratulations on winning that internship, that'll be such a great experience, i'm sure! i love this time of year, purely for christmas. i love the atmosphere and winter clothes > summer clothes, tbh, ha ha! i'm listening to dreamscape right now as i type this comment and i really, really like it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it xxx

      Delete
  2. Probably a good way of thinking, I wish I could do that too. I hate november but I live through it just because Christmas is on the other side.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never look forward to the actual holidays anymore. Just the time off from work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this song and the last line of this post. Despite how things are lately (2013 was a hellscape) I'm happy I've pulled through them.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the internship! That's awesome, and hopefully it won't be as melancholic as The Bell Jar, haha! Your writing is beautiful as usual. I'm always happy to say goodbye to every year, no matter how many good things it's brought me. There is something exhausting about this time of year, reflecting on every thing that has happened. I hope 2014 is wonderful for you :) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment